DIY Pink, White, and Gold Floral 1st Birthday Party

DIY Pink, White, and Gold Floral 1st Birthday Party


This was my second daughter's first birthday, and I decided to do a pink/white/gold floral theme! I wanted to keep it simple, but somewhat elegant. Therefore, I kept the dessert/candy table limited, and used a rose gold sequined tablecloth. I bought the pink/white hydrangeas from AliExpress and the vases from Dollar Tree. The picture frames were also from Dollar Tree, and I spray painted it gold.

Everything on the dessert table was made by me! I made 15 cake pops, 18 chocolate covered Oreo cookies, 18 baby food jars filled with white chocolate cheesecake M&M's, and a strawberry cake frosted with swiss meringue buttercream.


For the jars, I used Beech-Nut 4oz baby food jars. Once emptied, I removed the labels with just simple, cold water and washed it clean. Then I spray painted the lids with Rust-Oleum Specialty Metallic Spray in gold. I cut 13 inches of  Dollar Tree twine and tied a little bow for each jar. Finally, I filled the jars with M&M's white cheesecake candy. For 18 jars, I had to use 6 8oz bags of M&M's.



Cake pops were easy to make. I used a vanilla cake mix and pink candy melts from Walmart. To get the cake pops to be gold, I used edible luster dust in Pharoah's Gold and brushed it onto the pops. The silver platter was also from Dollar Tree.


The chocolate covered Oreo cookies were the easiest to make! I bought a plain round Oreo chocolate cookie mold, pink candy melts, white chocolate, gold sugar pearls, and golden Oreos from Walmart. You can find a tutorial on how to make these on YouTube.




The balloon garland was also easy, but time-consuming. My sister and I blew up every single balloon and then tied a bunch of 3 balloons together. Once we were finished, we used a fishing line to attach the 3 balloon bunches into a long garland. After we hung it up, my sister taped artificial leaves onto some of the balloons to give it a floral look. I bought the pink/white/gold balloons and artificial leaves from Aliexpress. 


You can follow this YouTube tutorial for these balloon centerpieces. The "1" balloons were purchased from Aliexpress as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to buy BLACKPINK concert tickets on Ticketmaster

I won twice with Amazon Giveaways