Trying to buy BLACKPINK concert tickets on Ticketmaster

My experience with buying BLACKPINK concert tickets on Ticketmaster

Here's a little background story before I get into the ticket buying experience. I first heard of BLACKPINK back in June 2018, when they released their mini-album DDU-DU DDU-DU. Immediately, I was hooked by their music and visuals! I also got my 10-year-old daughter into the KPOP world as well. Ever since their big success with DDU-DU DDU-DU, I promised my daughter if BLACKPINK ever has a concert here in the states, I would take her to go with me!

Fast forward to 2019, BLACKPINK announced North America tour dates, specifically one in Los Angeles!! I knew I couldn't pass up on this opportunity! But when I saw how fast concert tickets were selling out in Europe, I knew there was a storm coming for North America and started to doubt whether I would get tickets. In addition, I already saw how fast BTS concert tickets were selling, so I knew it would be crazy with BLACKPINK. The kpop world is intense, y'all....



So, in preparation before the sale began on 2/20/2019 at 4 PM PST, I recruited my older sister to help me beat the wait on Ticketmaster. She bought tickets for concerts before, but it was never for a concert which sells out quickly. For me, this was my first time buying concert tickets, EVER. I was clueless, so I tried to research the best tips and tricks to securing tickets. I've read people suggesting to sign into your account beforehand, wait for the pre-queue, and just grab any tickets as fast as possible. I also created two Ticketmaster accounts so I could buy tickets on my phone and laptop.




10 minutes before the sale, I joined the pre-queue. According to Ticketmaster, joining the pre-queue will give you a random spot in the waiting line when the sale begins. If you join the queue after the sale starts, then you will wait at the end of the line. I'm not sure if I should have joined the pre-queue 30 minutes beforehand. Maybe I would have had a better waiting spot, or got into the site immediately.

Days before the sale started, I didn't even know how much the tickets would be. My limit was only $150 per ticket. On the day of the sale, Ticketmaster finally put in their terms & condition the prices of the concert tickets! The pre-face ticket values were $253.50, $198.50, $153.50, $103.50 and $63.50 plus service charges. When I saw that, I was like "Perfect! I can aim for the $153 tickets and hopefully, it would be for the lower bowl section". BOY, WAS I WRONG!



When the sale started, I was placed in a waiting room with 2,000+ people in front of me! I was freaking out like crazy. And after 10 minutes have passed, I knew the tickets were sold out. But at the same time, I was determined and wasn't going to back down. I waited for a total of 45 MINUTES before I got in!!!! 

Once I finally got in, all I saw were $158 tickets and above. BUT $158 wasn't for the sections I wanted, it was only for the upper bowl. The lower bowl was already selling for $400+. I panicked and didn't click on any tickets. I was debating with my daughter if I should even buy tickets since it was going to be in the upper bowl sections. I deeply regret waiting for too long and debating about it. I should have bought it right away, but I didn't. Once I decided upper bowl was okay, EVERY SINGLE TICKET WAS TAKEN. I couldn't even secure ONE ticket!!! Oh my gosh, it was so frustrating.



One hour after the sale started, I didn't see any more tickets for $158. I didn't want to spend more than $400 per tickets for the lower bowl. 

Eventually, this was when I got desperate and went to StubHub. From there, I saw upper bowl tickets for around $160-$190. My sister was on the phone with me and she convinced me I should just go for it.

I ended up with two tickets for section 235 row 6 for $166 per ticket BEFORE processing fees. AND LET ME SAY THIS, STUBHUB IS CRUEL WHEN IT COMES TO FEES. My total came out to be $451!!! So each ticket technically cost me $225 *cries*. My wallet is crying too.


This is how much the tickets are selling for section 235 on Ticketmaster a day after the sale (2/21)

To sum it up, I regret not acting faster when I got into the sale. I should have bought the first ticket I saw. Never think you're going to get the section that you want because it's going to be pricey as hell unless you have money to spare. Hopefully, BLACKPINK will come tour again in the states with their next album. Maybe then, I'll be better at getting tickets and have better seating.

As for now, I'm going to prepare for the concert in April! My daughter and I are very excited to go see them live for the very first time! In the meantime, I think I'm going to buy some binoculars for us LOL Wish us luck for the concert!

If you want me to film anything from the concert, let me know! ^_^

~UPDATE 03/04/2019~
Six days after the sale, I saw resale prices go down on Ticketmaster, as well as StubHub. When I saw section 204, row 8 had two tickets for $143 each, I debated if I should buy it and then resell the other tickets I bought from StubHub. This section was a little closer to the stage, so I asked myself why not?

And so I did. I bought the two tickets from Ticketmaster and then listed my other two tickets for sale on StubHub. But after a week went by, I'm still struggling to sell my tickets. Every day, I would go on Ticketmaster and StubHub to check on the average ticket prices, especially for my section that I'm trying to sell. And I'm going to be honest, it's a little discouraging when I see the prices go down every day. I mean I know ticket prices will go down when the concert date is close, but I'm worried about losing more money because I can't resell my first two tickets.




Comments

  1. When it comes to selling your Ticketmaster tickets stubhub , choosing the right platform can make all the difference. And there’s no d

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Pink, White, and Gold Floral 1st Birthday Party

I won twice with Amazon Giveaways